Tip: As the steaks are quite large and won’t fit in the pan, there are two options: cook them in two different pans simultaneously or cook them in two portions, splitting the ingredients in half in both occasions.
To continue, divide the ingredients into two different plates or cook them in two portions.
In a large deep non-stick pan, put olive oil to warm with moderate heat. Add the onions and sauté for 2- 3 minutes, until softened.
Lightly raise the heat and add the steaks.
Sauté for about 4 minutes on each side, until browned.
Pour on wine and sprinkle with boukovo. Leave for 1 minute until alcohol evaporates.
Poor the broth, salt, lower the heat and cook the steaks for 15-20, turning once.
In a small bowl, mix yogurt and mustard.
Afterwards, add the sauce into the pan and mix gently with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes.
Remove for burner and divide the steaks into plates.
Pour in the pan sauce and serve immediately.
- 2 tbsp. assorted granules of mixed peppers (black, pink, green), coarse
- 2 tsp. sweet coriander seeds, sliced in mortar
- 80 ml olive oil
- 4 beef stakes (preferably medium size strip steak) about 2½ cm thick, preferably boneless (ask from the butcher to remove it)
- 2 medium dry onions, finely chopped
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 1 tsp. boukovo
- 200 ml chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 tbsp. yogurt of our choice
- 1 tsp. Condito Wholegrain mustard 1906